The advice of Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is for travellers to «exercise a high degree of caution» in Chandigarh, as it is for the vast majority of India.
That advice has not changed following the latest flare-up.
«Really confident in our security,» Australia coach Justin Langer told reporters.
«We’re really confident we’re getting the best advice and getting looked after really well. We’ve got great security.»
Langer’s team face Pakistan in a five-match ODI series later this month but those matches are being hosted in the UAE as Australia refuse to tour Pakistan because of safety concerns.
Earlier this week, India crossed the ceasefire line and dropped bombs outside the Pakistani town of Balakot then declared they targeted a terrorist camp of the group that claimed responsibility for the February 14 attack.
Conflicting military claims followed but at least one Indian fighter jet was shot down during aerial combat and its pilot taken prisoner in Pakistan.
Prime Minister Imran Khan has indicated the pilot will be released as a «peace gesture» on Friday, when Pakistan airspace is expected to re-open for commercial flights as world leaders urge both nations to exercise restraint.
The terrorist attack prompted calls for India to boycott this year’s World Cup clash with Pakistan.
The June 16 fixture at Old Trafford is one of the most anticipated games of the tournament, given the rivals meet so rarely, and attracted almost half-a-million applications for tickets.
«We stick by what the nation wants to do and what the BCCI decides to do,» Virat Kohli said last week regarding the mooted boycott.
«Whatever the government and the board decide.
«We’re really shocked about what happened. We’re really sad.»